Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's February

I know that L was able to do her quilt square and pincushion and that M, K, and L are going to work on theirs this weekend...so what about the rest of you???

There won't be any pictures of this month's projects until I can figure out where either one of my cameras is, but we will proceed...

The project is a button bracelet. The tutorial I used is at Creative Kismet. I Googled button bracelet and chose Creative Kismet. There are others, so feel free to choose which ever one you like. I used real shell buttons that I bought at Hancock's for $3/pkg. I can probably make 6+ bracelets with all of the buttons in the package. Joann's also has packages for $3 of all kinds of colors. I also used regular embroidery floss as well as metallic floss. I had seed beads so didn't have to buy them. You might want to consider buying a package of needles, as is suggested in the tutorial. They're nice to have and make threading a lot easier than putting glue on the ends of the thread. You should be able to make a bracelet in less than an hour, depending on how long it takes to decide on your button arrangement. Be creative and most of all have fuuuuunnnnn!!!

Our quilt square is a simple 4 patch. Remember that the finished size of the square should be 12" so your unfinished size will be 12 1/2" square. For equal sized squares cut 4 squares, from the fabric of your choice to coordinate with last month's fabrics, 6 1/2" each. Using 1/4" seams, sew together in a 4-patch and iron seams opposite each other. The hardest part of this block is to get the center seams to all match up. We are starting out really easy here, so if you want to cut your 'squares' wonky, then feel free.

I will get pictures up as soon as I find my camera. Have fun and I look forward to seeing everyone's progress;)

Remember that all of the 'little' girls are welcome to join in.

If anyone would like to be in charge of March, just let me know.

Any questions, I'll be happy to help however I can.

Love you all,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment