Sunday, January 4, 2009

Here's my Pincushion

I hope that all of you will be participating in our little crafting expedition this year. I hope that through this blog we will all grow closer and have a good time. Every one's, input is welcome;)


So for January, our project is a pincushion. We all need one if we're going to do any kind of crafting with fabric. Leslie must have been inspired to come up with this project. There are tons of ideas on the web, so if you can't come up with an idea of your own then check out the links that Les has offered, or you might know of some of your own. Have fun and good luck;)


Here's the pincushion that I chose to make. It took me less than an hour start to finish. It takes 15 - 2.5" squares. Five light, mine are pink; five medium, brown with pink flowers; and five dark, brown with pink swirls; one button; some fiberfill; and embroidery floss to tie button on.


Take a look and
tell me what you think:)

I put my pincushion in the show and the color looks different than it really is...

The color is better in this picture, but there's a shadow from the grapevine on the right side. The button is abalone and just a little smaller than a quarter.
That will give you an idea of the size of my pincushion...a little on the big side, but that's OK with me;)
...and here are a couple of side views......














I'm happy with the way it turned out and was surprised that it was as easy as it was.
Looking forward to seeing what each of you come up with.

4 comments:

  1. ahh... this wouldve been great to throw into the sewing basket i made for a friend this xmas! maybe she'll be in for an after holiday treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! can you just make mine for me since my sewing machine is on the fritzer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute mom! You may have to give me the directions for that one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful. I love the 3D kind of effect the star has. It is so cute and cuter from the side! Good job.

    ReplyDelete